RU Funkey? forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RU Funkey? forum

RU Funkey? forum is a forum for UB Funkey fans.

HomeSearchRegisterLog inGallery
Member suggested sites
visit by clicking

An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter

Go down 
+22
alenx25
FunkeyRyan
jellyjoe
Zerzay
Mr.Funkyman
ubfunkeyjohn
Sol9000
Theswampert
dexter
iKitty
neoseeker
trexeric
chels97
EpicFunkey
aznboy10
imgardien
Webs
Tyguy
YOM2
darkdjrios
Lucky
revvinon
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
revvinon
Admin
revvinon

funkey name : revvinon2

An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

One thing that may work and I thought about this when I got wind of the forum closing was maybe ALL the Funkey fans SHOULD write an letter to Mattel telling them what a great product UB Funkeys are! Tell them WHY you like them! Don't go off on them yelling at them about closing the forum or not making more funkeys or the problems people have with them, but tell them what a good product UB Funkeys are, build them up - maybe if enough of us write, they can/will go on!

I am sure we can get a mailing address posted here so we can do this. After all, if even half of the members that signed up at the other forum were to mail, it would be in the thousands. Can you imagine WHAT they would think when they got thousands of letters praising them for the funkeys??? If it were me, I would be totally AWESTRUCK!

Here are some addresses for Corporate Mattel:

Mattel, Inc.
333 Continental Boulevard
El Segundo, CA 90245-5012

Arkadium also helped on the project:
http://www.arkadium.com/case-studies-funkey.html

Arkadium, Inc.
920 Broadway, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10010

Some sample letters:
sample letter 1 wrote:
Mattel, Inc.

Dear Mattel:

I am a fan of your product U.B. Funkeys. They are really fun to collect and play! I have at least one of each tribe! I have been playing and collecting ever since I first found a Funkeystown starter pack in our local Wal-mart!

This game gets a 10/10 in my book! I love it! My favorite mini-game would have to be ‘Operation: Flight plan’! My favorite figure would be henchman! Favorite zone…close tie between Paradox Green and Laputta Station!

I’ve spent hours playing this game! I have every gem and almost 50 trophies! I also enjoy making “mix ’n’ match funkeys” in Microsoft paint (as above)! I can’t wait for the DC Heroes to come out!

Your fan,

sample letter 2 wrote:
My Address
Date

Mattel, Inc.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am an avid fan of your UB Funkeys. I love to play the game and collecting the funkeys. As of this time I have at least 1 funkey of each tribe. I have been fortunate to find some of the other rarities of some of the tribes also along with the different UB Hubs you offer.

Just wanted to write you to let you know how very pleased I am with your UB Funkeys! My 3 boys and I love playing it. I love the retro games (reminds me of my childhood) and my boys love to explore and find things. It is the perfect game for us as a family to spend time together working on a common goal. We also enjoy visiting the UB Funkey website and going to the forum to talk with other UB Funkey fans. It is the perfect compliment to the UB Funkey game.

This game has kept us playing for hours – we need to defeat Master Lox, find out what the big red button does and overall help save Terrapinia!

Keep up the GREAT work!

An avid collector and player,
Back to top Go down
http://www.rufunkey.bravehost.com/

AuthorMessage
alenx25

alenx25

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:07 am

Mr.Funkyman wrote:
FunkeyRyan wrote:
Mr.Funkyman wrote:
FunkeyRyan wrote:
Zerzay wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Mr.Funkyman wrote:
ubfunkeyjohn wrote:
save ub funkeys pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Very Happy affraid affraid affraid

If it was as simple as asking and saying please, they would already be back by now.

They aren't really dead, but they just aren't made anymore.

That practically means they're dead. The most recent thing Mattel has done with funkeys is bring the Online server back.

The chances of Mattel bringing funkeys back are slim to none.
Are you serious??!

Yes.
Awesome!!!

So...you're...happy Mattel won't bring them back?

Uh...okay.
I think hes talking about the onlne servers
Back to top Go down
jellyjoe

funkey name : Digi_Funkey aka JellyJoe

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:03 pm

alenx25 wrote:
Mr.Funkyman wrote:
FunkeyRyan wrote:
Mr.Funkyman wrote:
FunkeyRyan wrote:
Zerzay wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Mr.Funkyman wrote:
ubfunkeyjohn wrote:
save ub funkeys pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Very Happy affraid affraid affraid

If it was as simple as asking and saying please, they would already be back by now.

That practically means they're dead. The most recent thing Mattel has done with funkeys is bring the Online server back.

Are you serious??!

Yes.
Awesome!!!

Uh...okay.
Back to top Go down
YOM2

YOM2

funkey name : YOM2

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:50 pm

jellyjoe wrote:
alenx25 wrote:
Quote :
*snip*
please don't quote something without typing a reply...
Back to top Go down
jellyjoe

funkey name : Digi_Funkey aka JellyJoe

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:37 am

YOM2 wrote:
jellyjoe wrote:
alenx25 wrote:
Quote :
*snip*
please don't quote something without typing a reply...

i wrote a reply did it not go through?
Back to top Go down
FunkeyRyan

FunkeyRyan

funkey name : Sarah

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Mr.Funkyman wrote:
FunkeyRyan wrote:
Mr.Funkyman wrote:
FunkeyRyan wrote:
Zerzay wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Mr.Funkyman wrote:
ubfunkeyjohn wrote:

Are you serious??!

Yes.
Awesome!!!

Uh...okay.
No I'm not. I'm happy that they opened the online server.
Back to top Go down
https://rynogg.com/
botdfismyaddiction

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 am

I saw a petition on change.org today to save Funkeys... the person who made it had said they were discontinued in 2012... either way it had 25 signatures counting mine, it feels like a lot of people have moved on... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
mikey7545

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 am

keep funkeys.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Funkyman

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:20 am

_

Last edited by Mr.Funkyman on Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zerzay

Zerzay

funkey name : Zorzay99

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:59 am

Mr.Funkyman wrote:
mikey7545 wrote:
keep funkeys.

Wow, I had no idea we could convince Mattel to keep Funkeys going with only TWO WORDS! We should've tried that ages ago!

Funkyman, please be nice....

You didn't recognize the period at the end of those two words.
Back to top Go down
ericbarbwire

ericbarbwire

PostSubject: Advice   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 11:36 pm

Not sure if anyone is reading this at all anymore, but my best advice would be to utilize the power of Social Media. I do my own YouTube series in an effort to raise awareness for Funkeys but creating a Hashtag on Twitter and Instagram would definitely be great if utilized properly.
Back to top Go down
http://mc-barbercraft.com/
VandX

VandX

funkey name : funkfunkman

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:29 pm

ericbarbwire wrote:
Not sure if anyone is reading this at all anymore, but my best advice would be to utilize the power of Social Media. I do my own YouTube series in an effort to raise awareness for Funkeys but creating a Hashtag on Twitter and Instagram would definitely be great if utilized properly.

As much as I'd love to get people back into it, it isn't going to happen at this point. Look at all these other "buy characters to unlock new stuff" games that are out. Disney Infinity, Amibo, Lego Dimensions, Skylanders. All are new, cool, up to date, and easy to get ahold of. Compared to those, no one would want to buy UBs anymore. Mattel had a good idea that worked for awhile but it just wasn't maintained very well. Our only hope would be if they made a second one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4