RU Funkey? forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RU Funkey? forum

RU Funkey? forum is a forum for UB Funkey fans.

HomeSearchRegisterLog inGallery
Member suggested sites
visit by clicking

An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter

Go down 
+22
alenx25
FunkeyRyan
jellyjoe
Zerzay
Mr.Funkyman
ubfunkeyjohn
Sol9000
Theswampert
dexter
iKitty
neoseeker
trexeric
chels97
EpicFunkey
aznboy10
imgardien
Webs
Tyguy
YOM2
darkdjrios
Lucky
revvinon
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
revvinon
Admin
revvinon

funkey name : revvinon2

An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

One thing that may work and I thought about this when I got wind of the forum closing was maybe ALL the Funkey fans SHOULD write an letter to Mattel telling them what a great product UB Funkeys are! Tell them WHY you like them! Don't go off on them yelling at them about closing the forum or not making more funkeys or the problems people have with them, but tell them what a good product UB Funkeys are, build them up - maybe if enough of us write, they can/will go on!

I am sure we can get a mailing address posted here so we can do this. After all, if even half of the members that signed up at the other forum were to mail, it would be in the thousands. Can you imagine WHAT they would think when they got thousands of letters praising them for the funkeys??? If it were me, I would be totally AWESTRUCK!

Here are some addresses for Corporate Mattel:

Mattel, Inc.
333 Continental Boulevard
El Segundo, CA 90245-5012

Arkadium also helped on the project:
http://www.arkadium.com/case-studies-funkey.html

Arkadium, Inc.
920 Broadway, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10010

Some sample letters:
sample letter 1 wrote:
Mattel, Inc.

Dear Mattel:

I am a fan of your product U.B. Funkeys. They are really fun to collect and play! I have at least one of each tribe! I have been playing and collecting ever since I first found a Funkeystown starter pack in our local Wal-mart!

This game gets a 10/10 in my book! I love it! My favorite mini-game would have to be ‘Operation: Flight plan’! My favorite figure would be henchman! Favorite zone…close tie between Paradox Green and Laputta Station!

I’ve spent hours playing this game! I have every gem and almost 50 trophies! I also enjoy making “mix ’n’ match funkeys” in Microsoft paint (as above)! I can’t wait for the DC Heroes to come out!

Your fan,

sample letter 2 wrote:
My Address
Date

Mattel, Inc.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am an avid fan of your UB Funkeys. I love to play the game and collecting the funkeys. As of this time I have at least 1 funkey of each tribe. I have been fortunate to find some of the other rarities of some of the tribes also along with the different UB Hubs you offer.

Just wanted to write you to let you know how very pleased I am with your UB Funkeys! My 3 boys and I love playing it. I love the retro games (reminds me of my childhood) and my boys love to explore and find things. It is the perfect game for us as a family to spend time together working on a common goal. We also enjoy visiting the UB Funkey website and going to the forum to talk with other UB Funkey fans. It is the perfect compliment to the UB Funkey game.

This game has kept us playing for hours – we need to defeat Master Lox, find out what the big red button does and overall help save Terrapinia!

Keep up the GREAT work!

An avid collector and player,
Back to top Go down
http://www.rufunkey.bravehost.com/

AuthorMessage
VandX

VandX

funkey name : funkfunkman

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Theswampert wrote:
imgardien wrote:
iKitty wrote:
In September UBF said they'd shut down the internet stuff. Did they?
So far everything still seems to be working. i still have to test out the multiplayer feature, though.

Yeah; Sunday I asked DArkDjrios about it, and as far as I know no one has played Funkeys for quite a while.......
maybe people would play more if they werent stuck with the same games all the time
Back to top Go down
Theswampert

Theswampert

funkey name : Theswampert

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 pm

VandX wrote:
Theswampert wrote:
imgardien wrote:
iKitty wrote:
So far everything still seems to be working. i still have to test out the multiplayer feature, though.

Yeah; Sunday I asked DArkDjrios about it, and as far as I know no one has played Funkeys for quite a while.......
maybe people would play more if they werent stuck with the same games all the time

WOW That was an extremely great point brought up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CodenameHockhead?feature=mhee
Lucky

Lucky

funkey name : UB105

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 pm

imgardien wrote:
iKitty wrote:

Excellent. In My eyes, Funkeys Still Have Hope.
Back to top Go down
darkdjrios

darkdjrios

funkey name : arturo

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:45 pm

i wrote a VERY strong letter to mattel, so hopefully we will GET THE TRUTH soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://bogglelegogan.webs.com
VandX

VandX

funkey name : funkfunkman

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:13 am

darkdjrios wrote:
i wrote a VERY strong letter to mattel, so hopefully we will GET THE TRUTH soon Very Happy
i doubt it... mr.funkeyman was right! mattel just doesnt care, they dont have as many hits as barbie and hot wheels lets just ditch them no one will miss them! thats what they think
Back to top Go down
Sol9000

Sol9000

funkey name : Sol9000

PostSubject: Get me their E-Mail   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:37 pm

Can I E-Mail instead? I am horrid at Writing. Here is a cool Video I made!

Song is In The End by Linkin Park
Back to top Go down
Sol9000

Sol9000

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:39 pm

imgardien wrote:
iKitty wrote:
Oddly, only Multiplayer and Chat has been Chut Down... Hmm. Must be some Harassment with those. If so: YIKES!!!
Back to top Go down
Sol9000

Sol9000

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:40 pm

Theswampert wrote:
imgardien wrote:
iKitty wrote:

I have! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Theswampert

Theswampert

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Sol9000 wrote:
Theswampert wrote:
imgardien wrote:
iKitty wrote:

I have! Very Happy
I think you might have missed it....pale pale pale
U.B. Funkeys internet server has been shut down...

SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad
Back to top Go down
ubfunkeyjohn

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:09 pm

save ub funkeys pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Very Happy affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Mr.Funkyman

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:17 pm

_

Last edited by Mr.Funkyman on Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucky

Lucky

funkey name : UB105

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Mr.Funkyman wrote:
ubfunkeyjohn wrote:
save ub funkeys pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Very Happy affraid affraid affraid

If it was as simple as asking and saying please, they would already be back by now.

They aren't really dead, but they just aren't made anymore.
Back to top Go down
Zerzay

Zerzay

funkey name : Zorzay99

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Lucky wrote:
Mr.Funkyman wrote:
ubfunkeyjohn wrote:

If it was as simple as asking and saying please, they would already be back by now.

That practically means they're dead. The most recent thing Mattel has done with funkeys is bring the Online server back.

The chances of Mattel bringing funkeys back are slim to none.
Back to top Go down
revvinon
Admin
revvinon

funkey name : revvinon2

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:13 am

If the servers are still up does the Funkey Trunk and purchasing through that still work?

I'm not sure why they just don't go mostly online with getting new funkeys...it wouldn't cost to make them then it would just be putting together updates to keep the game going...and besides there are still plenty of us using the 'older' computers Laughing that we could probably keep the game/storyline going and they could profit from that.

Also...wasn't there someone who got the game to work on windows 7 before they closed down the Official Forums??? I thought I read that somewhere...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rufunkey.bravehost.com/
Zerzay

Zerzay

funkey name : Zorzay99

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:38 am

revvinon wrote:
If the servers are still up does the Funkey Trunk and purchasing through that still work?

I'm not sure why they just don't go mostly online with getting new funkeys...it wouldn't cost to make them then it would just be putting together updates to keep the game going...and besides there are still plenty of us using the 'older' computers Laughing that we could probably keep the game/storyline going and they could profit from that.

Also...wasn't there someone who got the game to work on windows 7 before they closed down the Official Forums??? I thought I read that somewhere...

It does! I got some loot the other day, actually. Though, the Familiars no longer change. All you can buy is the dot familiar, Stitch familiar, and a 7 day Fallout. The Items from Angus's lab change from time to time, though.

Hm......
Back to top Go down
Sol9000

Sol9000

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:16 am

Theswampert wrote:
Sol9000 wrote:
Theswampert wrote:
imgardien wrote:
iKitty wrote:

I have! Very Happy

Yes, it's shut down. I played the normal stuff! And tanks to it I got the Paradox Green Update (finally) and played Rastro's game... a LOT
Back to top Go down
imgardien

imgardien

funkey name : imgardien

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:45 pm

revvinon wrote:
Maybe here? Wink

https://rufunkey.forumotion.com/t218-e-using-windows-7-to-run-ub-funkeys

Lucky is currently trying to get it runing on a 64-bit Win7 system.

See https://rufunkey.forumotion.com/t217-d-vista-64-bit-patch-for-ub-funkeys

Back to top Go down
Theswampert

Theswampert

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:48 am

Sol9000 wrote:
Theswampert wrote:
Sol9000 wrote:
Theswampert wrote:
imgardien wrote:
iKitty wrote:

I have! Very Happy

Yes, it's shut down. I played the normal stuff! And tanks to it I got the Paradox Green Update (finally) and played Rastro's game... a LOT
This is old.....the servers have been back up for a long time. Please don't bring back old topics with replies like that...
Back to top Go down
Sol9000

Sol9000

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Theswampert wrote:
Sol9000 wrote:
Theswampert wrote:
Sol9000 wrote:
Theswampert wrote:
imgardien wrote:
iKitty wrote:

I have! Very Happy

This is old.....the servers have been back up for a long time. Please don't bring back old topics with replies like that...
Oh, sorry, I just felt like making a NECROPOST Laughing
Back to top Go down
jellyjoe

funkey name : Digi_Funkey aka JellyJoe

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:47 am

bounce omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg
i love love love love love love love love love ubfunkeys so much!
Back to top Go down
FunkeyRyan

FunkeyRyan

funkey name : Sarah

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Zerzay wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Mr.Funkyman wrote:
ubfunkeyjohn wrote:

That practically means they're dead. The most recent thing Mattel has done with funkeys is bring the Online server back.

Are you serious??!
Back to top Go down
https://rynogg.com/
Mr.Funkyman

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 pm

_

Last edited by Mr.Funkyman on Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FunkeyRyan

FunkeyRyan

funkey name : Sarah

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Mr.Funkyman wrote:
FunkeyRyan wrote:
Zerzay wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Mr.Funkyman wrote:
ubfunkeyjohn wrote:

Are you serious??!

Yes.
Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
https://rynogg.com/
Mr.Funkyman

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:49 pm

_

Last edited by Mr.Funkyman on Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jellyjoe

funkey name : Digi_Funkey aka JellyJoe

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 1:44 am

Very Happy i sent mine i hope i payed the proper postage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter   An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An end to Funkeys?? - Write a letter
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next