Something is wrong with the UB Funkey...
If you place a funkey on the UB hub and you get a message saying "Something's wrong with the U.B. Funkey, can you check it for me?" try the following:
1) Unplug the UB hub from USB port and re-plug it in. You can also try plugging into a different USB port.
2) Make sure there is no dirt or dust on the contacts of the UB Hub - run your finger across or use canned air.
3) Check the contacts on the bottom of the funkey - be careful to not scratch the contacts as this may cause the funkey to not work at all. Use canned air or soft cloth to gently wipe contacts.
4) Press down on the head of the funkey sometimes works also and a little wiggle (but be careful not to scratch the contacts).
5) Take a Q-Tip, lightly dip it in rubbing alcohol and gently run it along the bottom of the funkey. Lay the funkey on its side. Give it about 2-3 minutes to dry. Then place it on the U.B Hub. This works better for me than jiggling the funkey
(I have not personally tried number 5, but I know that is how I always cleaned my “old” Nintendo games)
In the case of purchasing Brand New Funkeys that are either scratched when you take them out of the package or don't work no matter what you tried, I would contact technical support on this. If it is a brand new funkey I would first try the steps above for the UB Hub - it could be possible that is what is not allowing the new funkey to work.
Good Luck and as always, if you still have questions start a topic in the HELP ME!