RU Funkey? forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RU Funkey? forum

RU Funkey? forum is a forum for UB Funkey fans.

HomeSearchRegisterLog inGallery
Member suggested sites
visit by clicking

A: Getting Started - System Requirements and Software Installation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
imgardien

imgardien

funkey name : imgardien

A: Getting Started - System Requirements and Software Installation Empty
PostSubject: A: Getting Started - System Requirements and Software Installation   A: Getting Started - System Requirements and Software Installation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:42 am

System Requirements by revvinon

Supported OS:...............Windows XP/2000/Vista 32-bit or 64-bit (Windows 7 may work)
Processor:.....................800 MHz processor (1.3 GHz recommended)
RAM:.............................256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
Hard Drive Space:..........1 GB free hard disk space
Video Card:...................32 mb video card (64MB recommended)
CD or DVD Drive:..........Required
Ports:............................USB port (USB connection via U.B. Hub cable)
Software:......................Adobe Flash 10
Other:...........................Sound Card, keyboard, mouse

Notice: Internet connection required for software updates and full crib functionality
as well as for MP (multiplayer games), Chat, and Funkey Trunk / Angus Lab
A wireless interent connection will cause problems with these game functions

Getting started with your UB Funkeys - FAQ from UB Funkey website by revvinon

On the Mattel website there is a FAQ that covers a few of the startup questions we have seen already on this forum. Here is the link for this FAQ: http://www.ubfunkeys.com/facts.aspx

We have also come across a few in addition to these or some other solutions that some have found to be helpful along with the other FAQ. We will be working on gathering up the info and getting these placed into this forum here.

As always if you still need help with a problem, please post your question as a separate topic in the support forum. Thanks!

Lost your CD? Install the software by downloading from the Mattel website

Download 4.8 Software

dylanjr wrote:
UPDATED 08/24/2009 by IMFunkey:
Actually I think this link should take a person directly to the document which should offer the newest installation files as the files change:
http://service.mattel.com/us/faq_results.asp?contentidlist=60902&faq_id=60902
I am adding this here since many do not look through the ENTIRE topic

*****BELOW IS dylanjr's POST ON THIS TOPIC*****

To all frustrated parents installing the UB Funkeys software:

As of this date, the CD software for both Dream State and Speed Racer included with the UB starter kit is not the most updated software. I called the support line and was told they are having problems with their server, so the correct updates are not downloading to your computer. Don't bother installing the CD because it will later prompt you to download the wrong updates from their server.

Furthermore, if you want the ability to access your game from other computers and use additional features, such as chat and multiplayer, you'll need the most recent software to create a Unique Funkey Name. If your kids play hard to earn coins, prizes, etc., and then later create a Unique Funkey Name, you'll probably lose everything and have to start over (unless you're able to figure out how to save and restore your data file on the C drive).

The best source for the most recent software version is available on www.service.mattel.com. Click on or copy/paste the following into your internet browser to start the download:
http://download.service.mattel.com/us/funkeys/Setup%20111908.exe

Here's the same URL link:
http://download.service.mattel.com/us/funkeys/Setup%20111908.exe

If the above doesn't work, the software is available on service.mattel.com by following these steps:
- Type in key words "ub funkeys" in the Guided Search box.
- Click on any of the starter kits.
- Click on the link "Am I able to download the U.B. Funkeys Starter Software Online?"
- Click on "Click here" then Open
- A Word document will open. Click on the link to open up the software download
funk://download.service.mattel.com/us/funkeys/Setup%20111908.exe

BE PATIENT, because it will most likely take some time to Run or Save the software. Try to distract your kids with another toy or activity while you're installing this software. Follow all of the steps as instructed (such as not plugging in the UB hub at the start of the installation). You should be good to go after the installation is complete. Good luck!

Another side note: I've installed this software on 3 different computers (both Vista and Windows XP) and it's working fine. No need to right click on the game icon and run as adminstrator on Vista systems.

++

mzbrake wrote:
dylanjr--Thanks for posting the link to Mattel! We've had so many problems getting the funkeys to work and since we've downloaded from the link you provided, everything works perfectly.

We did have difficulty downloading the updated version...the download kept stopping after a few minutes. My husband suggested we try a free download manager program which reconnects the download in the event that it stops and it worked! Here's the link: www.freedownloadmanager.org

++

dylanjr wrote:
mzbrake - Thank you for the link to the free download manager! It works great and downloading seems much faster. This resolved recent problems with the download, including incomplete downloading and the NSIS error message. So far, successfully installed the software on 5 computers (XP and Vista) for the family. Great tip!

++

dylanjr wrote:
After running the 4.5 funkey trunk update and clicking on "Let's Go," the game may not start up on its own. I found the posting by kiaknarocks_13 very helpful:

kiaknarocks_13 wrote:
hey I lloked at an e-mail my stepmom got a few days before I got the update. it didn't make sense before but then it did, and I didn't understand at first but I didn't have to wait at all. this is what it said:

Due to server issues you may have had difficulty updating your U.B. Funkeys software. The issue has been resolved, please follow the steps below.

1.) Turn on PC and log into the administrator account.
2.) Open Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del).
3.) Select the processes tab.
4.) Find ubfunkeys_update.exe which should be listing 00 CPU and click End Process. If
the exe is not listed, please close task manager.
5.) Navigate to C:\Program Files\U.B. Funkeys\RadicaGame.
6.) Double click or right click run as administrator (Vista) on the ubfunkeys_update.exe file.
7.) The U.B. Funkeys software will launch.
8.) Open Task Manager when software launches and confirm that ubfunkeys_update.exe is running in processes. This program should now be using CPU.
9.) Close Task Manager.
10.) Login into your account and update.
11.) The software will restart after update.

You should now be able to log into the game and use all of the Funkey Trunk Features.

yeah so I got it working immeadiately and I hope if anyone reads this it helps them too, thanks for helping tho.

++

purplybunny wrote:
mzbrake wrote:
dylanjr--Thanks for posting the link to Mattel! We've had so many problems getting the funkeys to work and since we've downloaded from the link you provided, everything works perfectly.

We did have difficulty downloading the updated version...the download kept stopping after a few minutes. My husband suggested we try a free download manager program which reconnects the download in the event that it stops and it worked! Here's the link: www.freedownloadmanager.org
Hey Smile

My McAfee SiteAdvisor flagged that above site as Yellow so I went to mozilla & downloaded "DownThemAll!"

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201

I need a good download manager & so far *touch wood* it's going well Smile

edited post: downloaded & installed & it currently downloading the 4.5 funkey trunk update

*fingers crossed* Smile

It worked!! woo-hoo!! Very Happy

thanks everyone for your help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

A: Getting Started - System Requirements and Software Installation
Page 1 of 1